Guidelines & Rules
To help you gain the most from the ZindagiHatke website, please familiarize yourself with these rules and guidelines before participating. Please note this list does not include the full terms of service (also known as your user agreement). These rules and guidelines are designed to help give a better understanding of what behavior is expected and make your experience more enjoyable and safe.
Guidelines (Please do’s):
- Keep an eye open for new, interesting topics. Before starting a new topic, please check if there is already a topic open on the subject. If so, contribute to it there.
- Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, ignore him/her. Instead, report it to us (see point below).
- Report contributions that violate the rules and guidelines by selecting the notify option at the bottom right corner of the post to notify us. We will act on the report as quickly as we can. Do not reply to the offending post as that typically only encourages the poster.
- Use good judgment. Remember that contributions to forums often are personal opinions that should not always be considered carefully. ZindagiHatke’ s disclaimer applies to all information posted on the platform, anywhere on the site, by guest visitors or members.
- Lend a helping hand. Some of us are real computer experts and feel at home using social media and online networks. Others are newcomers or too old to catch up with the new media. If you can, offer them help in using ZindagiHatke.
- Don’t be afraid to share. If you’re not sure about information you see on ZindagiHatke, share that feeling. Sharing is the foundation on which we built ZindagiHatke
- Welcome new members. When newcomers arrive, say “hi” and welcome them. Help new folks “learn the ropes” about how to find information and resources, save time, and how to get involved. You will also find a lot of help using the forums themselves.
- Use descriptive titles for new posts. Avoid “generic” post subjects like “Help” or “Question”. You will receive a better response to your posts by being more descriptive about the content of your post.
Know Your Moderators:
ZindagiHatke forums are moderated by the editorial team in consultation with an expert committee. While they may not have answers to all your questions, moderators are here to help in any way they can. Moderators have the right to edit or delete posts that violate the rules above without prior notice. They are also responsible for keeping promoting participation in the forums and online contributions and comments by members. You can spot a moderator because their posts indicate that they are moderators. We are always looking for new moderators to help with the multitude of topics in the field of mental wellbeing. If you feel you can contribute, let us know.
Each moderator may see things through slightly different eyes and some variance is to be expected. However, moderators promise to base their decision-making on the content of posts rather than personal feelings about the person posting in them.
If you have a question for a moderator on a decision, you can email them and discuss it privately. They may not see things the same way you do, but they are open and approachable.
Rules (Please don’t):
- No discussion of any illegal activity. For instance, the conduct of medical trials not conforming with international regulation (e.g. Helsinki declaration).
- No use of explicit, obscene or vulgar language or images and/or messages, including racist remarks.
- No posts that attack, insult, “flame”, defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun off, or insult another member or non-member. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and any other comments posted on ZindagiHatke by guests or members.
- No advertising or links to advertising or “Spam” is permitted. Advertising or Spam is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting by someone that has an ownership or other “vested interest” to the website involved, including efforts to promote other online forums or websites by website owners. If you are a website owner and have a link that is considered of interest to the ZindagiHatke community, please submit it to our resource directory and we will review your submission.
- No links to any website or use of any username that fits into rules # 1-4 above.
- No use of multiple usernames. Please register and use only one username for the forums. Posting under multiple user accounts will result in administrative action (ie. banning).
- No posts of the copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the person posting should not be posted on the message boards without the consent of the owner. ZindagiHatke’s disclaimer applies.
- No cryptic posts. Using cryptic messages to “skirt” the rules is not permitted.
- Do not disrespect moderators. Be respectful in both the forums and any private communications with moderators. Moderators may often be volunteers that donate many hours of their own time to help in the forums. Violations of this rule will not be tolerated.
- No SHOUTING. Remember, using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS in posts is considered yelling and rude, plus it is difficult to read.
- Do not post offline personal contact information (ie. your home address, phone numbers etc.) and do not ask for personal information from others. Use of full names (your first and last name) is a prerequisite but exchange of personal contact information should proceed with care.This is to protect your security and identity.
- No irrelevant or off-topic posts.Posts which are not relevant to the forum topic may be deleted at the moderator’s discretion.
Users that do not abide by the rules may be subject to having their posts edited or deleted, their member account permanently banned from further access and/or deleted without notice.
Rules and guidelines may change at any time, please re-read them regularly.
Enjoy your stay and thanks for your participation!